WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to provide you with unique features you would not receive if you did not accept the cookies on our website.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?
The cookies we use allow us to remember your language preference, ensure sites you move to are safe, records statistical data on how you use our website, remember you when you return to our website, track you across devices and marketing channels, allow facebook to take impressions of the pages you look at, to estimate bandwidth on pages which contain video content and to record what videos you watch on youtube.
WHAT DATA DOES THE FACEBOOK PIXEL COLLECT?
- Http Headers – Anything present in HTTP headers. HTTP Headers are a standard web protocol sent between any browser request and any server on the internet. HTTP Headers include IP addresses, information about the web browser, page location, document, referrer and person using the website.
- Pixel-specific Data – Includes Pixel ID and the Facebook Cookie.
- Button Click Data – Includes any buttons clicked by site visitors, the labels of those buttons and any pages visited as a result of the button clicks.
- Optional Values – Developers and marketers can optionally choose to send additional information about the visit through conversion tracking. Example custom data events are conversion value, page type, and more.
- Form Field Names – Includes website field names like ’email’, ‘address’, ‘quantity’ for when you purchase a product or service.
HOW CAN I STOP COOKIES FROM BEING SAVED ON MY COMPUTER?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Last updated: nov 2020