The Wedding Speech Super-Stylists
Unless you’re one of those people who’re naturally witty (using memes or emojis does not count!) using a wedding speech writer makes sense. It also makes life a whole lot easier. Quite simply, we’re blooming good at wedding speeches and why wouldn’t you want some help?!
And although very few people admit to using wedding ghostwriters, they do! Speechy’s stats increase by over twenty percent every year and we’ve worked with hundreds of clients around the world, helping them deliver their dream speech.
Our clients range from everyday people to celebrities, FTSE 100 CEOs, and politicians – and we’d love to help you create a speech that’s memorable for all the right reasons.
Our founder & TopDog, Heidi Ellert-McDermott has appeared on BBC Sounds Best Men podcast with Jason Manford and Steve Edge. We’ve even been featured on The Drew Barrymore Show.
Heidi has also written the ultimate modern speech bible, ‘The Modern Couple’s Guide to Wedding Speeches’, published by Little, Brown and available everywhere from the UK, to Australia and the US.
There are a lot of wedding speech writers out there but we create speeches that are a little less ordinary.
We’re an elite team of renegade TV scriptwriters, comedians & professional storytellers by trade.
We hate clichés, platitudes, and being boring. We want to create speeches that truly reflect the couple they’re celebrating and create a magical moment people will remember.
Whether it’s a hipster London bash, a gay wedding in California, or a second wedding in Sardinia we love making your speech great.
How Speechy Began
Heidi Ellert-McDermott is a TV director/writer turned speechwriter. She worked at the BBC for the majority of her 15-year TV career, producing entertainment shows and directing people such as Sharon Osbourne and Richard Hammond.
It was her love of comedy scriptwriting that led to her giving a bride speech that got more compliments than her dress.
Realising there was an appetite for wedding speeches that were modern, witty, and unshackled by tradition, she set up Speechy, the bespoke wedding speech company, employing TV scriptwriters and comedians to help couples around the world achieve their wedding speech goals.
The team’s passion for storytelling is revolutionising the wedding scene and Heidi’s speech advice has been quoted in Forbes, The Daily Mail, Rock n Roll Bride, The Huff Post, Dating News, Grazia, and The Times.
Speechy; The Go-To Speech Experts
- We’re a team of guys and gals, and every bespoke speech has two of us working on it (as an extra check on our output)
- We hate ‘standard wedding speeches’ with a passion. We pride ourselves in creating truly original speeches for our bespoke clients. Sure, we also sell templates but we’ve even designed them so it’s super-easy for you to personalise them.
- We know how to get the best from you and we write speeches that sound like ‘you’ (only better)
- We have a strict confidentiality policy and take your privacy seriously.
- We understand the wedding scene and how dynamic and diverse it truly is. Our clients are a much more eclectic bunch than the traditional father, groom, and best man line-up! We actively encourage more women to the mic.
- We offer a wide range of products & services to suit every wallet, timescale, and writing ambition.